VMware vSphere App-HA 1.1 has just been released, with backward capability with vSphere 5.1. A full list of features can be reviewed below –
or URL (http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2014/04/app-ha-1-1-ga-now-available-download.html) :
The latest version of App HA, 1.1, was released last week and is now available for download. This release has a number of cool new features that will greatly increase the usability of App HA. I will do additional post(s) on these in the next few weeks.
- More applications: Oracle (10g & 11g) and PostgreSQL (8.x & 9.x)
- Support for custom services: Any service Hyperic agents are currently able to start/stop
- Increased interoperability with vSphere: now supporting both vSphere 5.5 and 5.1
- More flexibility: ability to edit App HA policies
- International support: 6 additional languages now supported
Here are some links for getting started with App HA 1.1
- Software Downloads
- Release notes
- Installation Guide (this is based on App HA 1.0 and is still applicable for 1.1)
- Interoperability Guide
One important note about upgrading to App HA 1.1 is that there is not an upgrade path from App HA 1.0 to 1.1. To move from App HA 1.0 to 1.1 requires that you document your current policies, uninstall App HA 1.0, upgrade Hyperic to 5.8.1, and vCenter and ESX to 5.5 U1, then install App HA 1.1 and reconfigure/reassign policies.